Wednesday 29 February 2012

Over due

So at the weekend (Saturday) I fired the wood kiln and on the Sunday I was hoping to blog about my kiln god status, how I smashed it alone.....well I didn't!

I crumbled at the last hurdle, my body and mind failed me. I started at 6:15am and pounded thought till about 9:00pm, hitting a steady 100 degrees and hour. My strength started to wane, I was running on to much coffee and no food. I was fading fast, head aches and sickness followed. I reach 1200 but then dropped back to 1160 and I couldn't go on, but yet I kept at it to no avail.....

....Then out of the night came hope in the form of 3 newbies and a tiny woman. They gave me 2 hours rest bite then I was back out to take charge. I was still in no shape to be firing, but together we reach 1250, it was midnight and I was done for.

But hope hand me a gift....they pressed on till 2:00am and got up to temperature, 1300!!!!

I am so thankful to those guy for finish the firing off for me, there's no way I could of done it. I laid down the challenge to myself to do it alone and was gutted I couldn't finish it.

There will one day be a rematch

No comments: